A strong immune system is your animal’s best protection against illness. Along with a healthy lifestyle and diet, supplements like AHCC help attack the cells that cause cancer and other diseases.
Every day, your animal is bombarded by chemicals, toxins and stresses that compromise his immunity. And with each passing year, his immune system continues to age and deteriorate, leaving him even more vulnerable. On top of that, regardless of his age or environment, specific “enemy invader cells” necessitate a strong immune response in order to fight the good fight and keep your companion healthy.
Your dog or cat’s best defense against these threats is a healthy environment and a strong immune system! Here’s a list of easy, natural ways to make that possible:
• Provide plenty of clean, pure water and make sure it’s always readily available.
• Feed him a balanced high quality diet, while keeping in mind it should be appropriate for your companion’s individual needs.
• Limit the use of chemicals, pesticides and herbicides in your animal’s environment.
• Over-vaccination stresses the immune system – talk to your vet about other options, such as titer testing.
• Food and water bowls made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain tend to be more sanitary.
• Wash your animal’s bowls regularly, using hot water.
• Exercise is one of the best and most natural ways to promote a healthy immune system. Just be sure to tailor it to your companion’s abilities.
• Give him vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other allnatural formulas that help support a healthy immune system. Consult your vet to design the best supplement program for your animal’s needs. The supplements could include echinacea, astragalus, vitamins C and E, CoQ10, lycopene – and Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC).
What is AHCC?
You may not have heard of it yet, but Active Hexose Correlated Compound is an extract derived from the fermentation of a hybridized mushroom. It has been the subject of over 30 articles in peer-reviewed journals, describing research in both animals and humans; these articles show that AHCC supports peak natural killer (NK) cell function. You can view the published research at ahccpublishedresearch.com. 87 NK cells are a type of white blood cell. They are considered the primary defense against any “non-self” cells that don’t belong in the body. NK cells kill on contact. They bind to the enemy cell and deliver a lethal burst of chemicals that produce holes in the unwanted cell’s membrane. Fluids seep in and leak out, and the enemy cell bursts. Products like NK-9 AHCC Immune System Support from American BioSciences (americanbiosciences.com) are formulated especially for animals and come in capsule form.
Enhancing your furry friend’s immune system is the best way to defend him against the health-destroying enemies he faces in our modern world.