Your favorite canine needs the right amino acids from a variety of quality proteins to be healthy.
You love your dog and want to give them the best chance at a healthy life, right? Canines need quality protein to build and maintain healthy fur, skin, tissue, muscle and bone. Digging down a little deeper, it’s not just protein your pet needs, but the amino acids proteins are famous for. Every type of meat contains a different amino acid profile.
Your dog needs a little something of everything from this list:
Functions of amino acids
Amino acids support almost every system in your dog’s body and the right amino acids can make all the difference between a healthy pet and a not-so-healthy pet. Let’s have a look at the functions of amino acids in your canine’s body:
- Support muscle growth and maintenance
- Distribute nutrients throughout the body
- Build, maintain and repair body tissues
- Create and maintain healthy fur and skin
- Transport oxygen throughout the body
- Power up the immune system
All proteins are not created equal
As you can see, supplying your pet with a range of proteins is the way to a healthier dog. But did you know that some proteins are not as bioavailable (aka highly digestible) as others? A pungent tell-tale sign of proteins that aren’t being well-digested is foul smelling, larger and often messy poops.
According to Tuft’s University, the quality of animal protein sources used in pet foods varies widely, so it all comes down to finding a brand you can trust. NutriSource’s new Element Series combines scientific nutritional knowledge with flavors your dog loves best.
NutriSource’s extensive research has culminated in their high-quality Element Series brand that offers your dog the quality ingredients she needs:
- At least 83% animal protein, sourced from carefully vetted suppliers to ensure the quality of your pet’s food
- Animal proteins in the first five ingredients of each formula provide your pet with an all-important variety of essential amino acids
- Their new Good 4 Life Plus system has added digestive benefits to support the proper digestion of high-meat-diets and gut health, like prebiotics and probiotics
What really sets NutriSource apart is that their Good 4 Life Plus system includes NVGEN – a combination of mannan rich fractions, yucca schidigera and yeast extracts designed to set the stage in your pet’s microbiome for full utilization of a high animal protein diet.
In addition to high quality proteins, NutriSource’s Element series packs in more nutrition in every bite by adding:
- Additional key amino acids such as DL Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, and naturally occurring L-Arginine to support cardiovascular and overall body health
- Proteinated minerals that support digestibility and a healthy immune system
- Omega-3 & -6 fatty acids that support a host of functions, including healthy skin and a soft coat
- A powerful combination of organic selenium, naturally occurring DHA (an omega-3 fatty acid) and specific fruits and vegetables to support oxidation at the cellular level
It’s not just protein, but the right protein that matters in helping your dog have the happiest, healthiest life possible. For your peace of mind, it pays to choose a brand that, like you, puts your pet first.