Looking or a way to involve your dog in this year’s Thanksgiving festivities? He’ll love these delicious Turkey Truffettes!
- 1-1/2 cups whole grain flour of your choice, or a pseudo grain, like quinoa and teff
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated (optional)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced or 1 tablespoon dried parsley (Curly or flat parsley can be used.)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup turkey stock/broth
- 1/4 cup fresh mashed tomato (Canned tomatoes can also be used.)
Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Separate egg white from yolk. Put egg white aside, along with parmesan cheese.
In a blender or mixer or food processor, combine the yolk of the egg, garlic (optional), parsley, oregano, turkey stock/broth, and mashed tomato. Add flour and mix very well. The mixture will begin to pull away from the wall the bowl.
Turn the ball out onto a counter or cutting board that has been sprinkled with flour. Knead the ball several times until it becomes dough-like. Form truffles, and place on parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 1/2 hour. Turn oven down to 200F degrees.
Remove truffles from oven. Beat egg white until it is foamy. Brush truffles with egg white and sprinkle with parmesan.
Return truffles to a 200F degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool before serving. These truffettes will keep well in the fridge or freezer.