Research shows that many dogs and cats — maybe even your own — struggle with health challenges such as joint pain, heart issues and skin and coat problems. In fact, experts believe up to 50% of dogs over the age of 7, and 70-90% of cats over the age of 12 are dealing with joint and skin problems, while up to 75% of senior dogs have heart challenges. The good news is there is something you can do — just by using specific readily available food ingredients that will help benefit their condition and manage their discomfort.
Let’s consider some of these specific ingredients and how they can benefit your dog or cat:
Joint Health and Mobility Problems
- New Zealand green-lipped mussels contain proteins like glucosamine, chondroitin, and omega-3 fatty acids that act as an anti-inflammatory to help repair muscle and increase joint function.
- Bone and cartilage contain calcium and phosphorus to support healthy bone and joint development.
Skin and Coat Problems
- Meat and organs are a great source of zinc, copper and vitamin A which support cell development and hair growth, as well as repair skin damage.
- Kelp is a great source of iodine and minerals that helps maintain a healthy metabolism as well as naturally eliminates fleas and reduce skin itchiness.
- New Zealand green-lipped mussels are a natural source of omega-3 fatty acids that reduce shedding and keep your pet’s coat soft and healthy.
- Organs contain taurine, which helps fight the build-up of plaque within arteries and is essential for cognitive and heart health.
- Grass-fed meat is one of the richest known sources of conjugated linoleic acid, which even in the smallest quantities can significantly reduce tumor growth.
- New Zealand green-lipped mussels contain omega-3 fatty acids which are a heart-healthy fat beneficial in protecting against kidney and heart diseases as well as cancer.
Change your pet’s life
Now that we know which foods can help, what’s the easiest way of incorporating them into your pet’s diet? Start by trying to find a high quality food that features these ingredients. ZIWI pet food, for instance, is packed full of beneficial nutrients tailor-made for cats and dogs with joint, skin and coat and heart problems. There’s something for every pet, no matter what stage of life they are at.
Not only that but ZIWI’s Z-TWINTECH® air-drying technology locks in the goodness of our raw ingredients, without the use of artificial preservatives.
For all breeds, all adventures and all walks of life, choose ZIWI.